NOTE: If you are also taking the SAT Math Level 1 or Level 2 Subject Tests, I recommend checking out the All SAT Subject Tests Courses Bundle, which includes this course and other Subject Test courses at a significant discount.
Or, if you just want the Chemistry course, you can purchase this single course on this page. Just scroll down!
“With Rob’s helpful videos, I received an 800 on the SAT Chemistry Subject Test. The clear, concise explanations really helped me understand my mistakes and correct them on the test!"
Gary L., Reason Prep Member
What You'll Learn
In this course I review every single question of six real SAT Chemistry tests and additional real bonus problems - a total of over 550 real SAT Chemistry problems. While this course is not a substitute for a high school Chemistry class, I use each problem to carefully review the major concepts and ideas you'll need to know to get an 800, including:
- Structure of Matter: Atomic structure; Molecular structure; Bonding
- States of Matter: Solids and liquids; Gases and gas laws; Solutions
- Reaction Types: Acids and bases; Oxidation-Reduction & Combustion; Precipitation
- Stoichiometry: Mole concept; Chemical equations
- Equilibrium and Reaction Rates: Equilibrium systems; Rates of reaction
- Other Topics: Thermochemistry; Descriptive chemistry; Laboratory
We also review strategies and tactics for beating the College Board at their own game, including
- how to master the three question types: classification sets, multiple choice, and the tricky relationship analysis (True/False) questions.
- study tips for making the most out of your study time and preparation.
- when to guess and when to omit.
- anticipating and learning the "factoids" that the College Board loves to test with help of the SAT Chemistry Factoid Sheet.
- and so much more!
For a full listing of the curriculum and sample videos to view, check out the lecture titles in the syllabus below!
This course gives full video solutions to the following real SAT Chemistry practice tests. Three of them are included in the course FREE:
- 1982 SAT Chemistry test
- 1994 SAT Chemistry test
- 1998 SAT Chemistry test
The other three tests covered in the course are only available in books sold by the College Board:
The Official Study Guide for ALL SAT Subject Tests, 2nd Edition — Contains one real test
The Official SAT Subject Test in Chemistry Study Guide — Contains two real tests
In addition to access to all the course videos and materials, enrolling in this course entitles you to
- Unlimited course access - forever. You don't have to pay any recurring fees to enroll in this course - just pay once and you'll get unlimited access to the course
- Unlimited access to free course UPDATES. These courses are living, breathing entities. I will be adding to them and modifying them as I improve my own teaching skills and knowledge of the test. Your one-time course payment entitles you to lifetime access to course updates for no additional fee.
- Access to the course on all devices. View the videos on any device - desktop, laptop, tablet, or smartphone. As long as you have an internet connection, you can study with Reason Prep!
- Support from Rob. Students enrolled in the course can leave comments and questions on each lecture - I respond personally to each one! In addition, enrolled students can contact me directly through email for more general or personal questions relating to the test. I take student feedback into consideration when designing and updating my courses.
- 30 Day Money Back Guarantee. I'm confident you'll see massive score gains if you use the videos diligently and thoroughly. But if you are dissatisfied with this course for any reason, contact me within 30 days and I'll refund you every penny - guaranteed.
I’m Rob, cofounder of Brilliant Prep, creator of these videos, and your test prep tutor.
I earned a BA in Chemistry (2006) and an MA in Science and Technology Studies (2009) from Cornell University. In 2010 I started tutoring SAT, ACT, math, chemistry, and writing full-time.
“My experience with Reason Prep was crucial in developing the skills needed to perform well on my SAT exams. Rob was always there whenever I needed remediation for my weakness or if I was bothered by a minor question. He’s helped me improve my Chemistry subject test by 170 points and my Math + Critical Reading scores over 130 points just in the course of 3 months. I can’t say enough about the efficiency and productivity that Rob always brought to every session he held with me. The videos were certainly excellent, but knowing Rob as a person through a one on one tutoring program has led me to see the passion that he displays for assisting students in the college admissions process. Thank you for your help Rob!"
Frequently Asked Questions
In short, I've distilled down all my SAT Chemistry knowledge into these videos to give you the most comprehensive and effective SAT Chemistry video course you'll find anywhere. The one-time fee is less than what you would pay for a half hour of my time. And you're getting EVERYTHING - all my knowledge, all the tips, tricks, and strategies. I'm not holding anything back.
You've got nothing to lose - and a lot of points to gain - so join today!