I just wanted to reach out to you and say THANK YOU for all of your help preparing me to do well on my standardized tests. Before I came to you I was struggling getting my test scores into the upper ranges, but after I completed your video series, got feedback on my essays, and took more tests I got scores in the 99% for both the SAT and ACT.
Ultimately, after the long and stressful college admissions process, I narrowed my two options for college down to Harvard and Yale, and I decided to commit to Yale University. Although I have always been strong in school and extracurriculars, I really feel like your assistance put me over the edge and played a role in my admission into some of the world’s best colleges. I have recommended you to many of my friends and teachers at school because I truly believe you are an amazing tutor with so much to offer.
Thanks again so much and I wish you the best of luck in your future!"
- Andrew R., Brilliant Prep Student
Get All Brilliant Prep's Courses in One Bundle - Best Value!
Buying this bundle will get you access to ALL Brilliant Prep courses (a $449 value):
Click the links for more detailed information on the courses.
ALL SAT COURSES
ALL ACT COURSES
- ACT English Bootcamp
- ACT Math Bootcamp
- ACT Reading Bootcamp
- ACT Science Bootcamp
- ACT Essay Bootcamp + Essay Grading
- ACT Red Book Solutions
You'll also get access to special worksheets, study guides, and all future updates to the courses for no additional fee.
In addition, buying this bundle will grant you lifetime access to ALL future courses on Brilliant Prep. There are no monthly payments, hidden fees, or future costs. In fact, if you have a suggestion for a course that might help you in your SAT, ACT, or academic journey, I might just use your feedback as the basis for future content!
Want to kickstart your prep? Add-on a one-on-one tutoring session with Rob at checkout! We'll reach out to you to schedule the 50-minute online session for whenever you're ready to meet, whether to advise you on how to set up your study plan, answer specific prep questions, or guide you on your test prep journey.
What You'll Learn
Here is a small selection of what you'll learn in these courses - check the individual course pages for more details.
- Key skills necessary for Reading mastery, including Paraphrasing, Identifying Trap Answers, Managing Time, Inference, and Attacking Hard Questions.
- When and how to read the passages, and the optimal order for attacking the questions (hint: doing them in order 1, 2, 3, 4... is almost always wrong!).
- What to do when you get stuck between two choices that both seem right - only ONE is correct, and you'll learn how to identify the right answer and eliminate the wrong one.
- How to solve the "two part" questions that require you to find specific lines of evidence in the text to support your answer to a previous question. These can be tricky!
- The two major question types - Grammar and Rhetorical Skills - and how to answer them with ease.
- Every single grammar rule you need to fly through the grammar questions.
- The four principles that underlie correct answers to Rhetorical Skills questions.
- How to wade through the wordy word problems the College Board throws at you without losing time, getting frustrated, and missing easy points.
- How to solve problems when you can't use your calculator, and how to take advantage of your calculator when you can.
- All the math content, formulas, and concepts you need to know to master this test.
- How to use these concepts to solve the most common question patterns that appear over and over again quickly and painlessly.
- The solutions to every single problem (over 1000!) from eight real SAT Practice tests, completed on video in real time.
- and so much more!
- How to manage your time effectively so that you can comfortably finish each section.
- The rules of English grammar you need to identify patterns and select the best answer choices.
- The 4 principles needed to answer rhetorical skills questions, even if the choices seem "exactly the same." (Hint: they're actually quite different!)
- Answers and explanations so the ACT Math Gauntlet - a packet of 187 handcrafted math problems on every topic tested on the ACT.
- All facts & formulas you need to know to crush the test in the ACT Math Facts & Formulas sheet.
- How to turn the tables on the ACT by using their multiple choice answers against them on ACT Math questions.
- How to take advantage of your calculator to solve questions more easily.
- Strategies and tactics for solving line reference, keyword, inference, general & main idea, and other ACT Reading questions.
- How to identify and avoid time wasters, questions that will drain your time and damage your overall ACT Reading score.
- The big mistake students make when working through ACT Reading questions that forces them to guess on too many questions - and how to avoid it.
- How to tackle the new Dual Passage Reading questions. They may seem intimidating at first, but they're not bad if you know how to approach them!
- The major categories of Science question types and how to focus on the key information required to answer them.
- What kind and how much outside knowledge is required to answer some Science questions - including an ACT Science Factoids study guide
- The core strategy for writing a top scoring ACT essay in the time allotted.
- The solutions to every single problem (over 2700!) from thirteen real ACT Practice tests, completed on video in real time.
- and so much more!
In addition to access to all the course videos and materials, enrolling in this bundle entitles you to
- Unlimited course access - forever. You don't have to pay any recurring fees to enroll in these courses - just pay once and you'll get unlimited access to the courses.
- Unlimited access to free course UPDATES. These courses are living, breathing entities. I will be adding to them and modifying them as I improve my own teaching skills and knowledge of the test. Your one-time course payment entitles you to lifetime access to course updates for no additional fee.
- Access to the course on all devices. View the videos on any device - desktop, laptop, tablet, or smartphone. As long as you have an internet connection, you can study with Brilliant Prep!
- Support from Rob. Students enrolled in the courses can leave comments and questions on each lecture - I respond personally to each one! In addition, enrolled students can contact me directly through email for more general or personal questions relating to the test. I take student feedback into consideration when designing and updating my courses.
- 7 Day Money Back Guarantee. I'm confident you'll see massive score gains if you use the videos diligently and thoroughly. But if you are dissatisfied with this course for any reason, contact me within seven (7) days and I'll refund you every penny - guaranteed. (Guarantee not applicable to videos + tutoring package.)
"Mr. Schombs has been a great tutor, mentor, and teacher over the course of time. His content and way of teaching is really helpful and unique. I have improved about 200-250 points on my SAT by using the material on Brilliant Prep and by also having detailed one-on-one conversations through email. Mr. Schombs offers a lot of ways for him to give you the feedback you need in order to understand what you need to improve on. Furthermore, he gives each student the time he/she deserves in order to excel on the SAT. Along with standardized test prep, he does a great job giving adequate advice for higher education. If you follow the videos and advice he gives, I’m sure you will see big gains in your score. Brilliant Prep is amazing!"
- Yash S., Brilliant Prep Student
I’m Rob, cofounder of Brilliant Prep, creator of these videos, and your test prep tutor.
I earned a BA in Chemistry (2006) and an MA in Science and Technology Studies (2009) from Cornell University. In 2010 I started tutoring SAT, ACT, math, chemistry, and writing full-time.
Courses Included with Purchase
Original Price: $499
Frequently Asked Questions
"Rob is an amazing tutor. I would not have been able to get a 31 on the ACT without his help and guidance. His methods and tips on how to approach each section sets him apart from other tutors. If a particular topic is troublesome for you, he will explain it until you understand it perfectly. In addition to his tutoring , the videos on his website are extremely helpful and full of information. Rob is always willing to help and easily accessible to answer questions when ever he is needed. Whenever someone asks I always recommend Rob as an ACT tutor."
Ellen, Brilliant Prep Student
I've distilled down all my SAT & ACT knowledge into these videos to give you the most comprehensive and effective video courses you'll find anywhere. The one-time fee is less than what you would pay for two hours of my time. And you're getting EVERYTHING - all my knowledge, all the tips, tricks, and strategies. I'm not holding anything back.
You've got nothing to lose - and a lot of points to gain - so join today!