SAT Writing Course
An online course with 71 video lessons to skyrocket your SAT Writing score.
"Mr. Schombs has been a great tutor, mentor, and teacher over the course of time. His content and way of teaching is really helpful and unique. I have improved about 200-250 points on my SAT by using the material on Brilliant Prep and by also having detailed one-on-one conversations through email. Mr. Schombs offers a lot of ways for him to give you the feedback you need in order to understand what you need to improve on. Furthermore, he gives each student the time he/she deserves in order to excel on the SAT. Along with standardized test prep, he does a great job giving adequate advice for higher education. If you follow the videos and advice he gives, I’m sure you will see big gains in your score. Brilliant Prep is amazing!"
- Yash S., Brilliant Prep Student
What You'll Learn
This course covers the SAT Writing test in exhaustive depth - every grammar rule, every rhetorical skill, and every strategy for beating the test and increasing your score. I also work through eight REAL SAT Writing tests in this course so you can see exactly how these strategies are applied to real SAT questions.
Best of all, this course is available FREE. So just click the enroll button and start watching the videos right now!
This course covers
- A Grammar Diagnostic test - with video solutions - to identify the grammar rules you need to learn.
- The two major question types - Grammar and Rhetorical Skills - and how to answer them with ease.
- The core strategy for tackling writing questions and passages in the most efficient and effective way possible.
- Critical writing tactics that will help you tackle even the trickiest question.
- The one word that almost always indicates a wrong answer.
- Every single grammar rule you need to fly through the grammar questions.
- The four principles that underlie correct answers to Rhetorical Skills questions.
- What to do when you get stuck between two choices that both seem right - only ONE is correct, and you'll learn how to identify the right answer and eliminate the wrong one.
- How to work through 32 real SAT Writing passages - watch me attack the passages question-by-question in real time.
- and so much more!
For a full listing of the curriculum and sample videos to view, check out the lecture titles in the syllabus below!
In addition to access to all the course videos and materials, enrolling in this course entitles you to
- Unlimited course access - forever. This course is free, and will always be free.
- Unlimited access to free course UPDATES. These courses are living, breathing entities. I will be adding to them and modifying them as I improve my own teaching skills and knowledge of the test. You'll always have access to any changes and updates for no charge.
- Access to the course on all devices. View the videos on any device - desktop, laptop, tablet, or smartphone. As long as you have an internet connection, you can study with Brilliant
- Support from Rob. Students enrolled in the course can leave comments and questions on each lecture - I respond personally to each one! I take student feedback into consideration when designing and updating my courses.
I just wanted to reach out to you and say THANK YOU for all of your help preparing me to do well on my standardized tests. Before I came to you I was struggling getting my test scores into the upper ranges, but after I completed your video series, got feedback on my essays, and took more tests I got scores in the 99% for both the SAT and ACT.
Ultimately, after the long and stressful college admissions process, I narrowed my two options for college down to Harvard and Yale, and I decided to commit to Yale University. Although I have always been strong in school and extracurriculars, I really feel like your assistance put me over the edge and played a role in my admission into some of the world’s best colleges. I have recommended you to many of my friends and teachers at school because I truly believe you are an amazing tutor with so much to offer.
Thanks again so much and I wish you the best of luck in your future!"
- Andrew R., Brilliant Prep Student
I’m Rob, cofounder of Brilliant Prep, creator of these videos, and your test prep tutor.
I earned a BA in Chemistry (2006) and an MA in Science and Technology Studies (2009) from Cornell University. In 2010 I started tutoring SAT, ACT, math, chemistry, and writing full-time.
PreviewRun Ons & Comma Splices (7:52)
StartSentence Combination (6:11)
StartParticipial Phrases (6:54)
StartDangling & Misplaced Modifiers (10:53)
StartEssential vs. Nonessential (10:32)
StartRelative Pronouns & Clauses (12:38)
StartAppositive Phrases (5:44)
StartComparison Errors (3:22)
StartComma Usage (Summary) (14:34)
Frequently Asked Questions
We want to thank you from the bottom of our heart for all your guidance and help.A. took his SAT in October 2015. His Critical Reading scores jumped from 590 to 750. This is 100% your approach, guidance and help. His overall score is 2200 (M:720, V:750; W:740). He is planning to retake SAT in November (next few days) as he is confident he can boost his math score.We could not have done it without your AMAZING videos and personalized help."
- Murali, Parent of Brilliant Prep Student
In short, I've distilled down all my SAT Writing knowledge into these videos to give you the most comprehensive and effective SAT Writing video course you'll find anywhere. And you're getting EVERYTHING - all my knowledge, all the tips, tricks, and strategies. I'm not holding anything back.
You've got nothing to lose - and a lot of points to gain - so join FREE today!