NOTE: If you want to improve on ALL sections of the New SAT (Reading, Writing, Math), I recommend checking out the All SAT Courses Bundle, which includes this course and other New SAT courses at a significant discount.
Or, if you just want the Reading course, you can purchase this single course on this page. Just scroll down!
I just wanted to reach out to you and say THANK YOU for all of your help preparing me to do well on my standardized tests. Before I came to you I was struggling getting my test scores into the upper ranges, but after I completed your video series, got feedback on my essays, and took more tests I got scores in the 99% for both the SAT and ACT.
Ultimately, after the long and stressful college admissions process, I narrowed my two options for college down to Harvard and Yale, and I decided to commit to Yale University. Although I have always been strong in school and extracurriculars, I really feel like your assistance put me over the edge and played a role in my admission into some of the world’s best colleges. I have recommended you to many of my friends and teachers at school because I truly believe you are an amazing tutor with so much to offer.
Thanks again so much and I wish you the best of luck in your future!"
- Andrew R., Brilliant Prep Student
What You'll Learn
This course covers the SAT Reading test in exhaustive depth - every strategy, every tip, and every tactic for beating the test and increasing your score. I also work through ten REAL SAT Reading tests in this course so you can see exactly how these strategies are applied to real SAT questions. In this course you will learn
- The core strategy for tackling reading passages in the most efficient and effective way possible.
- Key skills necessary for Reading mastery, including Paraphrasing, Identifying Trap Answers, Managing Time, Inference, and Attacking Hard Questions.
- How to conquer the dreaded Dual Passage Reading.
- What you should be doing with your pencil - and why not doing it can harm your score.
- When and how to read the passages, and the optimal order for attacking the questions (hint: doing them in order 1, 2, 3, 4... is almost always wrong!).
- What to do when you get stuck between two choices that both seem right - only ONE is correct, and you'll learn how to identify the right answer and eliminate the wrong one.
- How to identify the eleven trap answers that are ingeniously designed by the College Board to attract you to your peril, and how to avoid and eliminate them.
- How to manage vocabulary words and shades of meaning.
- How to solve the "two part" questions that require you to find specific lines of evidence in the text to support your answer to a previous question. These can be tricky!
- How to work through 40 real SAT Reading passages - watch me attack the passages question-by-question in real time.
- and so much more!
For a full listing of the curriculum and sample videos to view, check out the lecture titles in the syllabus below!
Want to kickstart your prep? Add-on a one-on-one tutoring session with Rob at checkout! We'll reach out to you to schedule the 50-minute online session for whenever you're ready to meet, whether to advise you on how to set up your study plan, answer specific prep questions, or guide you on your test prep journey.
In addition to access to all the course videos and materials, enrolling in this course entitles you to
- Unlimited course access - forever. You don't have to pay any recurring fees to enroll in this course - just pay once and you'll get unlimited access to the course
- Unlimited access to free course UPDATES. These courses are living, breathing entities. I will be adding to them and modifying them as I improve my own teaching skills and knowledge of the test. Your one-time course payment entitles you to lifetime access to course updates for no additional fee.
- Access to the course on all devices. View the videos on any device - desktop, laptop, tablet, or smartphone. As long as you have an internet connection, you can study with Brilliant Prep!
- Support from Rob. Students enrolled in the course can leave comments and questions on each lecture - I respond personally to each one! In addition, enrolled students can contact me directly through email for more general or personal questions relating to the test. I take student feedback into consideration when designing and updating my courses.
- 7 Day Money Back Guarantee. I'm confident you'll see massive score
gains if you use the videos diligently and thoroughly. But if you are
dissatisfied with this course for any reason, contact me within 7 days and
I'll refund you every penny - guaranteed. (
Guarantee not applicable to videos + tutoring package.)
"Mr. Schombs has been a great tutor, mentor, and teacher over the course of time. His content and way of teaching is really helpful and unique. I have improved about 200-250 points on my SAT by using the material on Brilliant Prep and by also having detailed one-on-one conversations through email. Mr. Schombs offers a lot of ways for him to give you the feedback you need in order to understand what you need to improve on. Furthermore, he gives each student the time he/she deserves in order to excel on the SAT. Along with standardized test prep, he does a great job giving adequate advice for higher education. If you follow the videos and advice he gives, I’m sure you will see big gains in your score. Brilliant Prep is amazing!"
- Yash S., Brilliant Prep Student
I’m Rob, cofounder of Brilliant Prep, creator of these videos, and your test prep tutor.
I earned a BA in Chemistry (2006) and an MA in Science and Technology Studies (2009) from Cornell University. In 2010 I started tutoring SAT, ACT, math, chemistry, and writing full-time.
Frequently Asked Questions
We want to thank you from the bottom of our heart for all your guidance and help.A. took his SAT in October 2015. His Critical Reading scores jumped from 590 to 750. This is 100% your approach, guidance and help. His overall score is 2200 (M:720, V:750; W:740). He is planning to retake SAT in November (next few days) as he is confident he can boost his math score.We could not have done it without your AMAZING videos and personalized help."
- Murali, Parent of Brilliant Prep Student
In short, I've distilled down all my SAT Reading knowledge into these videos to give you the most comprehensive and effective SAT Reading video course you'll find anywhere. The one-time fee is less than what you would pay for an hour of my time. And you're getting EVERYTHING - all my knowledge, all the tips, tricks, and strategies. I'm not holding anything back.
You've got nothing to lose - and a lot of points to gain - so join today!